Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seed starting!

 

I was reading through my Canadian Gardening magazine the other day and they had a feature on seed-sowing techniques (check it out here).  I was very curious at the techniques so I decided to get a head start this year with the plantings.  So I went and got a whole bunch of vegetable seeds (by Urban Harvest) from the Big Carrot .  The first time I heard about Urban Harvest was at Canada Blooms a few years ago, they sell organic and heirloom seeds, and it's a great way to support local Toronto businesses as well as contribute to bio diversity.  I bought seeds for tomatoes (2 kinds), lettuce (2 kinds), radish, cucumber, onions, basil, arugula, chives, cilantro etc etc.  (yeah I must admit I kind of went overboard).

So here they are, day 3 since I started with seed sowing technique #1 (no action yet).... come on little seeds, grow grow grow!!! :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...