Saturday, March 3, 2012

Seed starting - part deux

Updates on the seeds - it's been 6 days and the seed starting is going very well!  Many of the seeds have already sprouted and so now comes the time to do some quick but careful transplant.... 


Some of the seeds definitely sprout much faster than others:
Fast (2 days or less): cucumber, raddish
Medium (5 days): dill, cherry tomato
Slow (7 days and still waiting): roma tomato, cilantro, basil, marigold

This is all very exciting, but I'm worried that I may have planted too many seeds... oh well, I can always give away plants to friends and family, plus, it's more fun when you share :)

 I have a feeling that my kitchen is going to turn into a mini-temporary greenhouse.... stay tuned for more updates! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...