Monday, March 26, 2012

Seed Starting - Part 4

Here's an update on how my vegetable seedlings are doing.... 
(Going to have to change my post title next time, as they are much more than seeds now!)

(Seedlings getting a sun tan last weekend)

The tomato (both cherry and Roma), cucumber, radish seedlings are growing very well.  I think at our new location I'm getting THAT much more sun on the window sills (compared to the seeds I planted last year at a different house), these are less stringy and are producing more leaves already.  

The one surprise this time are the Nasturtium (Alaska Mix) seeds that my Mom gave me.  Even though only 3 out of 9 have sprouted, they are growing at lighting speed and are already almost 6" tall.  It's a little bit on the stringy side but the little plant already has about 6 or 7 small leafs each.  I hope these make it through the next few weeks as they are a GORGEOUS plant to look at, and it's edible!!!  

Can't wait for time to transplant these into large pots/planters when they get bigger.... meanwhile I have to stay patient and keep them indoors till May (that's my goal at least) as the weather is still unpredictable (they say it's supposed to be -2 degree Celsius tonight, coming from a weekend of +16 degrees!).  Well I guess after all it is still only March.  Hopefully all the pretty little flowers blooming in the front (super) early will make it through the next night or two!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...