Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Canada Blooms 2013

Welcome to the 2013 Canada Blooms show.  Since I'm running low on time to blog these days, here are simply a few fun photos with short captions (they say a picture speaks a thousand words)!

This year again there were many fun and interesting landscape design display.  It was a bit too crowded so and we were being herded like cows through each booth, so I didn't have very many chance to take photos. He's a fun one, with the green roof on the (fake) dog house.  I'd build that if I have a dog :)

I find myself attracted more to the floral display portion of the show.  There were some amazing pieces, such as this one.

I think my favorite floral display of the show was this poppy themed one by Quince Flowers.  

The poppies were GORGEOUS and the way they've placed single stems in various glass vessels made it very interesting to look at.  

But I believe the favorite part of the show was the "Abracadabra" Youth Competition.  These were all pieces made by little little kids (as young as 3!) made with dried leaves, flowers, and other floral related materials.  

They were so much fun to look at, and so creative!  They look like such fun projects!  

And I caught a glimpse of Mr. Lady Bug.  He was a huge hit with all the little kids that day!!

Happy Canada Blooms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...