Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Backyard Plant ID - Japanese Spurge


New plant identified!  The plant that is in the middle of the backyard under the tree is called Japanese Spurge.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachysandra_terminalis
 It has a very nice jade colour groundcover and in late summer there were even little white flowers blooming from it.  I think the previous owner did a nice job picking this plant for this location of the garden.


  The only problem is, the neighborhood raccoon family has decided to make the Japanese Spurge patch their bathroom, which I am not happy about.... so their "business" has been killing some of this beautiful Japanese Spurge plants.  I guess that wild life comes hand in hand with gardening, so I'm sure this is just the beginning of it.  I'm trying a few "natural" different anti-raccoon remedies to deter them from coming back.  I'm sure that will be featured in another blog post in the near future ;) 


(Here's a plant tag I saw at Sheridan Nurseries the other day of a Japanese Spurge)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...