Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Front yard Plant ID - Lime Light Hydrangea

In the front we have a beautiful hydrangea plant.  From the research I've been doing online, I think this is one from the Paniculata Hydrangea family - in particular a "Lime Light" Hydrangea (http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/limelight.html).  I learned (online) that the word "paniculata" relates to the somewhat "panicle" (cone) shape of the blooms.  I thought it may have been a "Little Lamb" hydrangea before but I think those blooms are slightly bigger than these... 



The blooms start off white in colour mid-summer.  Towards late summer and into early Autumn, the flowers starts turning pink and now at the beginning of October they are becoming a even more gorgeous shade of pink.


I'm still not 100% sure if my plant is a Lime Light, but form my comparison to ones I saw at the nursery it was pretty close.  I'm looking forward to drying these gorgeous flower when it gets cold out, I heard that they preserve pretty well when dried.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...